Types of Billboards
The advancements in today’s world have created more and more ways to advertise. Because the advertising landscape has grown so rapidly and changed so fast, some businesses may be confused as to what medium would be best suited for their business and audience. Small businesses usually have a limited budget to work with which is why it is imperative that they create a good strategy. Having a strategy in place will ensure you utilize your budget in the most effective way. If you do happen to have an unlimited supply of marketing dollars, feel free to go crazy in terms of advertising. The more mediums you use, the higher your chances of getting noticed by the masses.
Using one single medium for all your marketing purposes is not recommended. You should also track your results. This is the biggest reason why digital mediums such as digital billboards and digital wallscape advertising has become so popular. These mediums offer easily verifiable data on the amount of traffic you ad has received.
Billboard advertising has been a popular medium for outdoor advertising for a very long time. The message in this medium needs to be very concise and easy to understand. Billboard s can be used to provide directions or information about a product or service. This form of advertising is invaluable for anyone looking to be noticed. Digital billboards are also more cost effective and easier to update.
- Classic billboard–also known as a Bulletin. The billboards you see on the highways and expressways or on heavy traffic streets are called Bulletin boards. These are found in sizes of (14′ high x 48′ wide, 10.5′ high x 36′ wide, or comparable sizes). These have grown in size from the early days of the billboard. They are intended to capture the attention of both pedestrian and motorized traffic. Due to the increase in the speed of motorize traffic their size needed to be increased to give the motorist enough time to take in the advertisement. The classic standard sizes of billboards ranges from 10 feet by 30 feet to 14 feet by 48 feet for a Bulletin billboard. Poster billboards are generally 10.5 feet by 22.5 feet, and the Junior Poster is typically 5 feet by 11 feet.
- Vinyl billboards has a much brighter appearance, which are more alluring than ordinary billboards. They are regularly spread painted with an UV defensive paint – and can keep going for quite a long time. The usual sizes are (14′ high x 48’wide, 10.5′ high x 36′ wide, or comparable sizes).
- Painted billboards. These are now quite rare having been replaced by graphically produced billboards. However, in instances where only a single board is required they are still used in some areas
- Posters. These are usually half of the width of bulletin boards. These are usually used for the advertisement of a local product and hit the local market. The sizes are (30 sheet, 8 sheets, & Premier Panels) – medium arrangement (10′ high x 22′ wide or 5′ high x 11′ width).
- Mobile billboards. The purpose of mobile billboards is to go to where their target audience happens to be such as where a large event is taking place. As they are less common the advertisement tends to be more memorable.
- Three-dimensional billboards. Another modern type of billboard and due to the artistry that they often contain they capture the attention and interest of all who see them.
- Scented billboard. Although rare, these were first used in 2010 by the Bloom grocery chain and gave off the smell of charcoal and pepper as it was advertising grilled steak. With such a variety of options to select from, when contacting an OOH media advertising company to find out more on how to rent billboard space or how to rent a billboard sign, remember to ask them about the types of billboard options they can offer. You may want to try something other than the classic billboard depending on what it is that you want to advertise.
Digital Billboards and Wallscapes
Digital wallscape advertising creates an imposing presence in any environment and is impossible to ignore. They are programmable allowing for running text to be displayed. They are mostly found within central business districts. This ensures that they are seen by the highest number of people possible providing maximum exposure to the brand or company advertising. They offer unrivaled visibility and allow for customization. A digital wallscape is guaranteed to create a buzz in any market.
Billboards may have been around for a very long time, but they are still not ready to be retired, as billboards are still a successful form as advertising. Because of their immense success during the last century, the OOH industry and advertisers have ensured that the billboard remains in service. The fact is OOH advertisers have become more innovative and found additional ways to make effective use of the billboard which now comes in many shapes and forms.
Whichever form of outdoor advertising is right for you, it is imperative that you create an ad that will be memorable.